Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Make sure you whiten your teeth!

It's not really my intention to blog every day, or several times a day (as it may be), but I'm going to share my thoughts as they happen.  This whole "blog" thing intrigues me.  Not just the writing but how Google Blogger puts it all together. 

You can't just write nowadays, you have to make your writings pretty. Then add something so others can share what you have written so you become famous for putting your thoughts on public display. 

And then, the fun begins!  You get to add nonsense stuff!  These things call "Gadgets" are just little boxes to the right or left of the actual blogging (depending on how you chose your layout).  There are gadgets that make sense, like a news or stock ticker for say business blogs or current events enthusiasts...events calendars for maybe charity or school bloggers...make your own poll for those who like to interact with their readers and maybe cause some debates (I may try that one at some point). 

Then their are gadgets that are pretty useless but may be fun, like Puppy-a-Day which puts a new picture of a cute, adorable puppy on your page each day...Mr. T quotes, "I pity da foo!" (Need I say more?)...Tetris, who doesn't want their readers to come to their page to enjoy some Tetris instead of read their blog?

And lastly their are gadgets I just don't understand...Car wash movie thieves.  A short animation of what might happen to you if you download music illegally.  What?  I don't get it....Phone number converter.  Convert phone numbers that have those "pesky" (yes they used that word) letters at the end of them.  What, you don't get 1-800-URA-DUMY?....Which leads me to the one that sparked this thought process:  Teeth Whitening Tip of the Day-A serious of daily tips to whiten your teeth.  Someone tell me why anyone would want this on their page unless they are a dentist.  (I know you all want me to put it up now, don't you?)

Technology nowadays, I tell yah!

2 comments:

  1. If you offered free tetris you'd definitely get some traffic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are here for the tetris, Ima kick you!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!