Friday, July 6, 2012

5QF: Love, Pets, Sugar, Babysitting

What is a 5QF?
It's a 5 Question Friday!  I know I have a lot of followers that don't even know who I am, so I thought I would start this one to give you all a little insight in to me.  We'll see if I like it.  Basically, five random questions from 5CrookedHalos.  You can join in too if you'd like!  Make sure you share your link with me below in my comments!









1. Is love at 1st sight possible?
No, I do not believe it is.  But everyone has a soulmate and when you meet that person you automatically have that intense connection.  So love at first "sight"?  No.  Love at first meeting?  Sometimes.

2. How did you choose your pet's name?
Our Jelly Bean passed away in April.  It was very sad.  She was originally named "Sally" after my very good friend.  But it didn't feel right.  So my husband and I just made a list of names.  I jokingly said "Jelly" when looking at food in our kitchen, and it just sounded right.  We gave a few names to our daughter, and she picked Jelly.  Shortly after that, she became Jelly Bean, Jelly Belly, Jels, Beanie, Jell Bell, Beaner...  I miss her.


Ernie was originally "Ninja".  I chose the name to make him have a connection to my hubby.  Not that Luke is a ninja, but he fantasizes about it.  Two or three days after we got him and had been calling him Ninja, my mom started calling him Ernie as a joke saying that he looked more like an Ernie.  Then Ty started calling him that, and it just stuck to him.  His official name is "Ernie the Ninja".  We call him Ernie, Ernie Bernie, Ernest, Ernest Bernest, Ninja, Minja (how one of our sons used to say it), Peanut Butter, Wallaby...  so many others.

Kiwi was way different.  We actually chose her name before we met her.  I made a list of names that I liked.  Luke vetoed several.  Each time I would meet a potential new member of our family I would see if any of the names "fit".  Then when we met our Kiwi, I took a picture of her and sent it to Luke with the caption, "Is this a Kiwi?"  He wrote back and said, "That's a Kiwi."  And the rest is history.  I really liked this method because it felt like she was definitely the one for us.  I love her to pieces!!




3. What are you considering giving up (cable, home phone)?
Sugar.  I've noticed over the last week with me trying to consciously eat better that I eat a lot of sugar.  Candy, chocolate, ice cream.  I don't want to give it up completely, but I think I need to remove it from my house.  Damn temptations!

4. How much do you pay your babysitter?
Nada.  Our family does our "baby sitting".  We never could have a baby sitter who was not trained in Tyson's medical needs, so we had to rely on family.

5. How "young" is old enough to babysit?
I started baby sitting at like 11.  I think I would let Annie baby sit her brothers at that age, but not other kids.  I think 13 is better.

1 comment:

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!