Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dear Jack...


Dear Jack,
I didn't know you, I didn't even know your mother or that you were in her tummy. But I heard of your passing.  I heard of how you spent a perfect hour in their arms, how God took you to be with Him so that He could hold you too.  I heard how you "ran into this world and sprinted into the next", how you left little itty bitty footprints on their hearts.  I could sense how much pain your dad is in.

I wish there were something I could do. I wish I could hug your mom and dad.  I wish I could make it better.  I wish I could bring you back.  I wish no one ever had to say good bye.  I wish I could simply say to them that I am sorry, I wish I could express my love.  But I can't do any of this.

Sweet little boy, all I can do is give your parents love from afar.  To pray that they heal as much as they can from your passing.  To pray that they realize you are a little blessing as tiny as you were and how little you got to spend with them.  To pray that they know they will see you again and they will hold you in their arms and all will be perfect once more.  I know you will always look down on them, and I know you will always have their love.  I pray that they will always know they have yours as well.  I pray that your future brothers and sisters know of little Jack, the runner.  And I pray your little footprints land on their hearts as well.

I didn't know you...I don't know your mother...but you've left footprints on my heart too.

With Love,
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!