Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember



For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

Today's Word:  Remember

GO

Remember me, remember the good old days, remember when...

Recently my kindergarten teacher passed away.  Her obituary was posted on Facebook, which is how I found out.  I reposted it and tagged a bunch of my friends that were in her class with me.  I haven't been friends with all of them since kindergarten, just went looking for them on FB a year or two ago on a whim when I was bored.  Some I talk to almost daily now, and some I just see their pictures of their kids and smile.  I was almost thankful for Mrs. Davies' passing for the virtual get-together that ensued among us.

Remember when we used to sit on top of the monkey bars?  Remember when we borrowed that boys coat and wore it together making ourselves a two headed monster?  Remember when Mel 1 tripped over Mel 2 and broke her leg?  Remember when that one boy kept calling me a boy because my hair was short?  Remember when we used to play "Farmer, Farmer let me down" on the teeter totter?  Remember when we used to hide between the trailers and the school building because it was so cold at recess?

Remember when I had to move away...?

Remember when we found out we dated the same boy in High School (at two different times) even though we were in two separate school districts?  Remember when you had your Lexi, Henry, Lia?  Remember when we became very good friends having realized we think, talk, and act almost the same way even though the last time we saw each other was the last day of kindergarten?

Thank you, Mrs. Davies!



STOP

8 comments:

  1. You've captured such precious memories. It is a blessing when the Father places those special people in our lives.
    It is so nice to meet you Taylor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed some smiles and laughs while reading your posts, remembering the simple joys of childhood. Made me think of my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Green.

    And I love your quote above the comment box. I don't want to be banished so I'll be nice. Thanks for stopping by my blog, taking time to read and leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pleasant memories. I feel that way about my 3rd grade teacher, now in her late 80's. And I remember "Farmer, Farmer, let me down!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something about shared childhood memories that keep us bound at the heart....

    Beautiful memories....Mrs. Davies would be proud, and oh so happy to know she is still "holding" your kindergarten class together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember hiding between the trailors at Ironton when we were in 3rd and 4th grade (Mrs. Frack and Ms. Rabel). Man, it was cold then.

    My brother had Mrs. Davis the year she retired. She had a heart attack during the fall of the year. We continue to blame him.

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor! You said it perfectly! What such great times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it all except for me tripping Mel 2.. hahaha.. I still think Im being blamed for something I didnt do.. and using Lee's jacket to be a 2 headed monster makes me laugh so hard.. Most of it makes me have tears though reading it.. We grow up so fast. ANd now we watch our little babies grow fast too and soon they will be looking back at their younger years.. Wish we would have seen Mrs Davies obituary earlier because we could have al met up and gone together.. And it stinks you moved away, but its fun we still keep in contact and now we talk to even more of our buddies!! Love you

    p.s. i dont understand the chose profile thing at the bottom so theres a good chance I might mess up this post.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was me, Mel Martin, that commented last.. i didnt mean to put annonymous but I had no idea how to post this..

    ReplyDelete

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!