Monday, February 27, 2012

Overwhelmed


It just so happens that I get sick and then Tyson gets sick the week I have a crap ton of other stuff to deal with...

I left therapy last week telling Julie I would review the interpersonal effectiveness chapter of my DBT book and then write out what I would like to address in our conversation.  I did a little bit of it but kept realizing that I was still resentful and the work I was putting into it just was too biased.  So I would set it down and pick it up later.  It didn't get done.  I started resenting the work as well.  I have so many other things I need to get done and the fact that this stuff has become a priority among those made me angry.

I'm calling in this morning and cancelling the appointment.  Frankly, I have other things that need my attention before I address that.  I have to take Ty to the doctor today, I have to prepare for court on Wednesday by getting statements from Annie's therapist, I have to collect all my data to back up my requests, I need to address an argument with my sister...and I'm still sick myself.

It really bothers me that I need Julie to get through this other stuff and because of our argument, I'm uncomfortable to go to her with it.  So the best course of action?  Prepare prepare prepare...or take a nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!