Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life is good!

I haven't written in a long while.  I realized that I was complaining a ton, and I was being really negative.  I was using my blog as an outlet to not engage in therapy, and therefore setting myself back.  So I put blogging aside and dealt with life.

I'm happy to say, I am doing very well!  Yesterday, both my therapist and my psychiatrist agreed that I am well enough to discontinue treatment there.  My medications are now going to be handled by my primary care physician.  I've graduated from the DBT program, and am now ready and confident to step out into my life without their safety ropes.

In the last 14 years, since being diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, I have had three therapist/psychiatrist teams release my care to my regular doctor.  But this is the first time that I feel confident in their decision to do so.  I feel good, I feel capable.  I can do this.

So that's where I am...life is still very busy...

Tyson had his surgery to fix his neck in April...
School ended at the end of May, which meant I got to go on a bunch of field trips...
I decided to specialize in only newborn portraiture for my photography company and I couldn't be happier...
Ty is doing OT, PT, and ST twice a week...
And we will begin the intensive feeding program on July 10th...
I went to San Francisco to visit my sister and do her maternity photos...
And I get to go back when my nephew is born any day now!
Our family is working on our summer bucket list and having a blast doing all the fun things together...
Annie is currently at summer camp...
Jaxon's meds are working really well for him...
Cooper is still an evil genius...

Life is good! :-)

Of course there are always things that I will instinctively want to be better, but I can't focus on that.  I need to focus on the good and be grateful for what I have.  I'm one lucky lady to have Luke, the kids, family, friends....  Again, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!