Friday, June 29, 2012

5QF: Food, Summer, Heat

What is a 5QF?
It's a 5 Question Friday!  I know I have a lot of followers that don't even know who I am, so I thought I would start this one to give you all a little insight in to me.  We'll see if I like it.  Basically, five random questions from 5CrookedHalos.  You can join in too if you'd like!  Make sure you share your link with me below in my comments!



1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?
The first thing that popped into my mind is a bagel with cream cheese and Cool Ranch Doritos on it.  Yes, I said on it....and No, I did not start eating this when I was pregnant.  This became a staple lunch of mine in High School.  One of my friends did it and we all tried it and it was amazing....boy that sounded kinda like drugs....

 2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?
Gorsh, there's so many.  I'd rather eat a smaller portion than go to low fat.

 3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?
I love floating in a tube on a lake.  I love the way the waves bounce me up and down.  Before I had kids to tend to at the lake, I used to fall asleep in the tube and get a nice crisp sun burn.  Now it's more like I have at least one child sitting on me asking me to swim back and forth from the shore to the jumping dock.  That's become even more likable!

 4. What's your favorite summer read?
I have never been good at reading during the summer.  I have issues with the sun hitting the page and then frying my eye balls.  I've tried so many different ways to make it work, but I realized I don't really care to do it anyway.  If I'm laying around able to read, I'd just rather keep my eyes closed and listen to what's around me.  I love the sound of my kids giggling and water splashing.

 5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?
We hand washed the cars today!  It was actually on our summer bucket list to do, and the kids loved it!  We all got wet and soapy and really enjoyed each other.  And bonus, our cars got all shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!