Sunday, October 30, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Relevant





For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.



GO:

I'm not going to lie, I had to look up the meaning of this word in order to write about it.  I know what it means, I know how to use the word, but I needed more to tell me how to write about it.

rel·e·vant

[rel-uh-vuhnt]
adjective
bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: relevant remark.

How do write about relevancy when the actual topic is "relevant"?  Hmmm...toughy....

The first thing that popped into my mind was how I almost always do more than one thing at once and quite often my conversations reflect that.  I can never stay on topic because as I'm speaking to someone, and then they are in turn speaking to me, I'm thinking of the next thing I want to say.  Definitely something I would like to work on.  

The problem is that when I'm talking to someone, I kind of figure out what they are going to say within the first few seconds of the conversations and then get bored.  That sounds so rude of me...  

What to do with this admitted information?  I'm going to work hard to stay mindful in conversations now.  I'm going to listen to what the other person is saying and not let my mind go off on a tangent.  I'm going to stick to the topic.  This will be difficult because even as I sit here writing this, I'm thinking of three other things I have to do before 10am....I'm up for the challenge!

STOP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice, or thou shalt be banished!